I feel as if I turn into Goldie Locks whenever I cook oatmeal. Either it’s too runny, too stiff, too hot, too cold, too bland, or too sweet. For me, making oatmeal is always a trial and error process until I figured out a neat recipe for baked oatmeal. It’s simple to prepare and it only takes 30 minutes to bake!
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup nuts (I used walnuts)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup honey or agave nectar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 ripe bananas
- 1 large apple, sliced (I used Golden Delicious)
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cranberries
Side note: I originally found a recipe online, but I had to double all of the ingredients because I used an 8 x 11 1/2 inch pan. To avoid having to double the recipe last-minute, use a smaller pan.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease pan well. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix oats, nuts, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Stir well.
- Stir in liquid ingredients.
- Slice banana into thin slices and place in pan in a single layer. Add layer of apple slices. (It’s okay if you have leftover apple slices, save them for later)
- Pour oatmeal over fruit.
- Top oatmeal with leftover apple slices and the cranberries.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until top is browned and oatmeal is set.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
Using an 8 x 11 1/2 pan makes about 12 servings and the calories are relatively low at ~150 calories per serving.
Check out the Pin on Pinterest here!
I tweaked this recipe from sohowsittaste.com.