I’m not going to lie, whenever I hear the word “vegetarian” I sigh a little. I’m the kind of person that feels a meal is not a meal without meat. And although I can eat meat-less salads, I’m not happy about it.
When lunchtime came around yesterday and I looked in the fridge to whip something up I discovered that there wasn’t any meat (except the frozen solid chicken breast). I decided that I could tough it out with a vegetarian lunch. I grabbed some black beans, brown rice, tomatoes, and an avocado and made it work. Despite my brain telling me that a meal without meat wouldn’t tide me over until dinner, my stomach said otherwise. After half of the wrap, I was completely full.
- 1/2 small avocado, diced
- handful of grape tomatoes (5), sliced into fourths
- 1 cup/handful spinach, chopped
- 1/3 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup cooked black beans
- Flatbread ( My favorite is the whole wheat Flatbread Original from Aldi)
- Cook the brown rice according to the directions on the box. I always add a little bit of olive oil, salt, and pepper to mine when it’s cooking just to give it a little flavor.
- Warm the black beans in a small saucepan with a little salt and pepper until they are soft.
- Spread about half of your diced avocado onto the flatbread. I do this to prevent the rice and beans from falling out.
- Then add your rice and beans. Finally, add the rest of the avocado.
- Top with the spinach and tomatoes.
This is a super simple and quick lunch or dinner. It keeps you feeling full for a long time. You really only need to eat half of the wrap and then just pair it with some fresh fruit, yogurt, or veggies. One serving (1/2 of the wrap) is about 205 calories.
You can check me out and other great recipes and crafts over here: